Netflix has helped change the way we digest video content and binge-watch TV shows, and it’s giving new life to low-rated B-movies that time forgot.
Packages start at $9.99 per month, and go up to $19.99 per month if you want ultra-high-resolution footage and multiple accounts per subscription. No matter which package you choose, you will have access to Netflix.
However, you may not want to keep Netflix after the one-month free trial expires. Many subscription services hide opt-out buttons deep in their settings, but it’s easy to suddenly cancel Netflix.
If you want to cancel Netflix because you feel you have seen all the required content that you have to offer, or you want to end your trial before you have to pay, you can cancel your account.
How to cancel your Netflix subscription in a web browser
- Log in to a profile “Netflix account,” Choose your right “profile icon” Then click “the account.” y
- On the My Account page, you can see everything about your account, including plan details, settings, and playback preferences. Click “Cancellation of Membership” Under “Membership and Billing” to cancel your subscription.
- A confirmation page appears to confirm the termination of your subscription. Be careful: if you signed up for the service when its price was lower, you will pay more if you come back.
How to cancel your Netflix subscription on Android
- open the Netflix app on your Android device, then tap “profile icon” in the upper right corner.
- Choose “the account” Choose the web browser you wish to use to cancel your membership.
- From here, you will go to the website and log in. Then, use the same website steps you used above to cancel your membership.
How to cancel your Netflix account: iOS
iPhone and iPad users can bypass Netflix account completely. Head straight to Safari or Chrome and visit your Netflix account page. From there, you should be able to use the desktop version of Netflix to cancel your membership.
- Click on hamburger icon (Three vertical lines) in the upper left corner and select “the account.”
- Scroll down the page and tap “Cancellation of membership.”
- Confirm cancellation by pressing “End Cancellation”.
You can still access Netflix content when you initiate a cancellation until your billing date ends. To check your subscription, go to Account Settings and look under Membership. The next billing date will be listed.
You should receive a cancellation email from Netflix. Check your email to make sure you won’t be charged for Netflix again.
Cancel Netflix if billed by another service
It’s not uncommon to subscribe to Netflix through Amazon, iTunes, your ISP, or another service. Unfortunately, if you sign up through one of these options, you can’t cancel directly through Netflix. This scenario is because your account got Related to another service.
Cancel Netflix through iTunes
- You can cancel by opening a file “Settings” The app on your iPhone.
- Click on a file Apple ID at the top, then choose Subscriptions. Next, locate the Netflix subscription and cancel it.
Cancel Netflix via Amazon
- Amazon subscribers can visit Memberships and Subscriptions A page to cancel their Netflix service.
- tap on “Advanced Controls” choice and choice “Eliminates.”
Cancel Netflix through Google Play
Uninstalling Netflix through Google Play is simple.
- open the Google Play Store on your Android device and tap hamburger icon (Three-line icon) in the upper left corner.
- tap on “Subscriptions“ and choose “Netflix.” Choose the cancel option and follow the instructions.
Cancel Netflix with Comcast Xfinity
If you have been billed through an Internet Service Provider such as Comcast Xfinity, visit your Netflix account page for further instructions on how to cancel. Comcast, in particular, once the service is offered for free, so you may not pay for the service at all. You can also log into your ISP account to check subscriptions. This process is the same if you are billed through your cell phone company.
How to cancel Netflix if your account has been hacked
Netflix users all over the world have encountered hapless internet hackers. If your account has been hacked and your login information has changed, you may be wondering what to do. You can’t sign in to cancel the account, so how do you either get it back or stop billing for it?
Assuming you don’t pay for Netflix through a third-party service, you’ll need help signing in. Go to the Netflix login page and tap “need help?” button.
Netflix will ask for your login information and billing method recorded on file. Once you provide this information, the support team will help you recover your account so you can cancel it. We have more information about getting your account back here.
Now that you know how to cancel Netflix, you can free yourself from the burden of another monthly bill. Like many others, you may only subscribe to Netflix when they have new seasons of original content you want to watch and then unsubscribe until the next season.
Cancel Netflix FAQ
I canceled my subscription but I’m still getting billed. What’s going on?
Netflix cancellations apply to Next billing cycle. If you’re due to be billed on the 1st of next month but cancel on the 15th, you can still access Netflix content until the 1st.
Unfortunately, delays can occur when canceling, which means that if you cancel your subscription within a day or two of your renewal date, you may see other fees.
Once you cancel your membership, check that you have completed the cancellation correctly by checking your email. You should receive a confirmation email. If you didn’t receive one, sign in to Netflix and check if your membership has expired (there will be a notification listed).
Finally, if you are sure that you canceled your account on time and canceled the correct account (you may have several), contact Netflix Support for help. Netflix’s official position on refunds is that they don’t offer them, but if you’ve been incorrectly charged, it’s worth reaching out to most likely get your money back.
I don’t see the cancel option under my profile. why not?
If you follow the above steps but don’t see an option to cancel, it’s because you’re getting billed through another service. If you’re not sure which one, go to your Netflix account page and click on the link where your billing information should be. This section will walk you through the cancellation process to set up your account.
Can I reactivate my account?
Yeah. Netflix will allow you to reactivate your account For up to 10 months. If you do this during this period, your watch history and everything will remain the same.
If you attempt to cancel after this period, you will need to start a completely new account.
Can I temporarily suspend my account?
Pausing a subscription allows users to put their payments and service on hold for a specified period, but not everyone has the option. Netflix confirmed in July of 2021 that it was testing the option. As of May 22, 2022, the feature is still not available to many members. For those who can pause their Netflix account, resume your subscription before the tenth billing period to continue your service as before.