If you’re a prolific YouTuber, you may want to take an inventory of the comments you’ve posted over time. You may want to delete some and modify others. This article is not about comments others have posted on your channel but rather comments you’ve posted on YouTube. So how do you do this?
To learn how to view comment history on YouTube and get tips on editing or deleting specific comments, keep reading.
Why do you want to view your past comments on YouTube?
If you consume a lot of YouTube content, you have likely posted hundreds or even thousands of comments on different channels. You may want to:
- Delete comments that you think are no longer relevant in light of recent developments.
- Delete comments that you consider offensive, rude, or disrespectful towards other users.
- Edit typos in the comments you’ve posted.
- Edit a comment to include new, more relevant information.
- Retrieve a comment so you can share it with others outside of YouTube.
In any case, your comments are easy to find and edit or delete as you see fit. Again, this article refers to your posted messages.
To manage your YouTube comments using a computer, it doesn’t matter what operating system you’re using. Since you are making changes via any browser, the process is the same, whether you are using Windows, macOS, Linux, or any other operating system. Follow these steps to edit comments on YouTube:
- Open your browser of choice, head over to YouTube, then sign in to your Google/YouTube account if you haven’t already.
- On the YouTube homepage, tap hamburger icon (Three parallel horizontal lines) in the upper left corner. A drop-down menu appears, including the popular videos of the day, your subscriptions, and settings.
- From the dropdown menu, select “Date.”
- On the right side under the Manage All History section, click “comments.” don’t press “Manage All History” or instead open the Google Activity page without any feedback on this page.
- All comments are displayed in chronological order. Your most recent comments appear first. To delete a comment, tap “X” at the far right of the list.
- To edit a comment, the first step is to click “Commented on…” Link.
- The link specified in “Step 6” above opens the video page with your comments at the top, called “Featured Comment”.
- To edit your comment, click “Vertical Cut” (three vertical dots) on the far right side of the inserted video page.
- Choose “release” To make changes to your comment.
- Make the necessary adjustments and select “Memorizes.”
How to View/Edit/Delete YouTube Comment History on iOS
If you own an iPhone, iPad or iPod, you can Track and manage your YouTube comments easily using the iOS / iPhone YouTube browser or app.
Manage YouTube Comments with the iOS App
Here’s how to delete all your YouTube comments in one place on iOS:
- visit My Google Activity page for YouTube commentsthen sign in if possible.
- If you get a prompt to open the page in YouTube, select “Eliminates” To open your history in Google My Activity instead of YouTube.
- Click on the video with the comment you want to remove.
- Click on “Vertical Cut” (three vertical dots) in the upper right corner. then choose “delete.”
Manage YouTube Comments with the iOS App
- Play file iOS YouTube app And enter your Google/YouTube account credentials to sign in, if not already signed in. Click on a file ‘profile icon’ in the upper right.
- Choose Your YouTube data from the list.
- Scroll up until you find the “Your YouTube Dashboard” section, then click “more” for additional data choices.
- select file “## comments” The link below the “##Subscriptions (Public)” link.
- Your Google My Activity list is uploaded to your YouTube Comments page.
- Scroll up until you find the comment you want to delete. Click on “Commented on…” link or “Video thumbnail” to open the video page.
- Click on “arrowheads icon up/down” (Expanded) Opens the comments section.
- Your comment should appear at the top, but if it isn’t, scroll up until you find it. Click on “Vertical Cut” (three vertical dots) to access your options.
- Choose “delete.” There is no confirmation prompt when deleting comments. Once you delete it, it is gone forever.
If you can’t find a comment in your history, the channel owner may have already removed it, or you just forgot that you deleted it. YouTube admins and automation technologies can also delete comments if they violate the site’s policies. If a channel owner deletes a video, all discussions posted under it will also disappear.
View/Edit/Delete Your YouTube Comment History on Android
In the past, you had to use a browser to access your YouTube comment history, but now, you can view and manage your comments within the YouTube app! Sure, YouTube launches the built-in Chrome browser during the process, but you’re still using the app.
- open the YouTube The app is on your Android device, then sign in if it isn’t already done.
- Click your “Profile personly” at the top right of the screen.
- Choose “Settings.”
- Choose History and privacy.
- In the expanded menu, select Manage all activities.
- Click on hamburger menu icon (Three horizontal lines) in the upper left.
- Choose Other Google activities.
- Scroll down the page to the YouTube Comments section. tap on “View Comments.”
- On the newly opened Your YouTube Comments page, scroll through your comments to find the one you want.
- To delete a comment, tap “three vertical dots” in the upper right corner. Then press “delete.” To edit a collateral, continue to Step 11.
- To edit a comment, tap “Commented on” A link to open the comments page on the video.
- Your comment appears at the top under ‘Featured Comment’. Click on “Vertical Cut” (Three vertical dots) to open options.
- then choose “release.” Type the corrections or modifications, then press “Enter / Back” on the default Android keyboard to save changes.
As you can see from the above procedures, this process is tedious, but it gets the job done! You can now edit or delete old YouTube comments on Android.
In conclusion, the YouTube developers assured that you can search through years of comments in a matter of seconds. This feature is called History, where you can choose to view your past comments along with the viewed videos. This way, you can continue previous discussions or edit your comments as you like. and now, You can view and manage your comments using the YouTube app.
View/Delete/Edit YouTube Comments FAQ
Can I delete my YouTube comments in bulk?
Unfortunately, YouTube does not provide an option to delete comments in bulk. If you want to clear the entire comment history, you will have to do it one by one.
Can I turn off comments on YouTube?
You can turn off comments if you have your own YouTube channel. Otherwise, there is no choice.
How do I search my YouTube history?
When you get to the History section of your YouTube account, use the search box at the top to find the watched video you’re looking for, or use it to find watched videos related to a specific topic.
Can I delete my YouTube comments on the YouTube app?
Unfortunately, you cannot delete your comments on the YouTube app. You must log into your account via a browser, such as Google Chrome or Firefox.