How to schedule an email in Apple Mail Not all emails should be treated the same way. Some should be sent in a timely manner, including early morning reports and birthday wishes. The easiest solution for iOS users would be to schedule this feature, but Apple Mail does not support this feature.
Fortunately, there are many solutions, and this article will list them. We’ll show how to schedule emails on Mac and iPhone to help make your messages timely.
How to schedule an email in Apple Mail on iPhone
As explained earlier, Apple Mail does not allow you to schedule emails for a specific delivery time. This means that you will need a third-party platform to solve the problem, and Mailbutler is one of your best options. It is a convenient productivity tool that works with Microsoft Outlook, Gmail and Apple Mail.
The platform offers many convenient features, such as message templates, snooze functionality, task management, and tracking. But most importantly, it allows you to schedule your emails by integrating the “Send Later” option in your toolbox. Here’s how to use Mailbutler:
- Register a Mailbutler account on this web page.
- Download the app for your iPhone from Apple Store and install it on your device.
- Start Apple Mail and type your message.
- Click “Send Later” to schedule the email. Select the time and date you want the message to be delivered. Use the drop down arrows and the clock icon. Additionally, you can set your Dashboard preferences to set a default time interval.
- If you are a business or professional user, use Enhanced Scheduler by checking the corresponding box. If you are a regular user, skip this step.
- Press the “Schedule” button to finish the process. The message will be stored in the “Mailbutler – Scheduler” section. Finally, you can click on your email to edit it, reschedule it, or unschedule it if necessary. The recipient will receive your message even if your iPhone is not turned on.
Send Later is an integral part of all Mailbutler plans, including the free basic option. However, only basic users can send scheduled messages with a watermark. The only way to remove it is to upgrade to their Professional plan ($11 per month) or the more expensive Business and Professional + options.
Mailbutler isn’t the only third-party app you can rely on to reschedule. Spark is another attractive platform:
- Download Application And enter your login credentials.
- Open Spark and tap the pen icon to create your email.
- Once you are done typing, tap on Reschedule Email in the lower right section of the screen.
- Set your custom date by pressing “Choose Date” or select a preset schedule. You can defer sending up to six months in advance.
- Send the message by clicking the “Send” icon in the upper-right corner. The application will send the email at the specified time. Until that moment, it is stored in the Outbox.
Rescheduling emails on Spark is just as easy:
- Launch the app and tap on the three horizontal lines.
- Go to the Outbox window.
- Highlight your scheduled message and click the edit icon, followed by the schedule icon.
- Tap Remove Schedule if you want to cancel your schedule or Customize if you want to make some adjustments.
How to schedule an email in Apple Mail on a Mac
Apple Mail on Mac works the same way, which means you can’t schedule emails without third-party solutions. The good news is that you can use a wide variety of platforms to solve the problem. Automator is one of them.
This software pre-installed on Mac computers allows you to create scripts and workflows and perform many repetitive tasks. The email scheduling feature may be the main feature. Take the following steps to properly use the platform:
- Start Automator and press “Workflow”.
- Select “Choose” and search your mail using the “Library” section.
- Enter the new mail option in your main window.
- Type your message, add the recipient, and select the subject.
- Highlight “Send outgoing messages” and drop the option below your current task.
- Choose “File” and click the “Save” button. Name your file and select “Apply” from the Format section.
- Save the item and open the Calendar app.
- Double-click on the appropriate date to create your event. Name your spouse, select the appropriate time, and select “Alert.”
- Click the Custom button, followed by Open File.
- Browse the next box and select “Other”.
- Add the file created in the Automation application.
- Change the alarm timing to the event time and hit OK. The calendar should turn on your automation in the corresponding period and send your message. Just make sure your device is turned on and that you have a stable internet connection. Otherwise, you will miss the event.
Reap the benefits of improved rescheduling
Apple Mail is a great app, but it has one major drawback – the lack of a scheduling feature. Fortunately, there is no need to get in the way of this problem with so many third-party solutions out there. Whether you choose Mailbutler, Spark, or another platform, you will ensure better communication with your friends and business partners. Sending birthday wishes on time and sending important correspondence during business hours increases the chances of a response.
What is the move to iOS email scheduling system? How often do you reschedule emails? What other features would you like to see in Apple Mail? Tell us what you think in the comments section below.