Zoom is an excellent tool for chatting with friends and family. But now you probably have to use this app to work, and the profile picture you have doesn’t fit anymore. Or maybe Zoom has set a profile picture from your Google account that you don’t quite like. The best way around this is to remove your photo completely.
If you are looking for instructions on how to remove Zoom profile picture, then you are at the right place. In this article, we show you step by step how to do it on different devices.
How to remove Zoom profile picture on iPad
If you use Zoom on an iPad, you will most likely use the Zoom app. Unfortunately, the Zoom app does not allow you to delete your profile picture on the interface of the app. Instead, you will need to log into the Zoom website and remove your profile picture there. This is how to do it:
- Open the internet browser on your iPad and go to https://zoom.us/
- Log in to your Zoom account. Once logged in, scroll down to the bottom of the home screen.
- Here you will find different menus. Under the list listed as the supportyou will find an option called the account. Click on it.
- On the Definition of an account page, you will see a bar with Definition of an account Down arrow. Click on this arrow to expand the list.
- Choose Profile personly from the list.
- On the new page that opens, you will see a thumbnail of your profile picture. Under it, there are two options. Click on that says delete.
Your profile picture is now deleted. If you sign out of the Zoom web page and sign in to the Zoom app on your iPad, you won’t see any profile picture displayed.
How to remove Zoom profile picture on iPhone
Using Zoom on your iPhone is very similar to using it on your iPad. iOS devices use the Zoom app downloaded from the App Store. As mentioned earlier, the Zoom app does not provide the option to remove your profile picture. But there is a way around this:
- Open the web browser on your iPhone and go to https://zoom.us/. Once on the page, log in to your Zoom account.
- Swipe to the bottom of the home screen and find a titled menu the support. Under this menu is an option the accountClick on it.
- You will see a file Definition of an account A bar with a drop-down arrow on the page that opens. Click on the arrow.
- From the dropdown menu, choose Profile personly.
- Below your profile picture thumbnail there is an option delete. Click on it.
Your profile picture will now display as blank. If you log out of Zoom on your browser and open the Zoom app on your phone, you will see that the photo is deleted there as well.
How to remove Zoom profile picture on Android phone
Like the iOS device, the Android device uses the Zoom app which is downloaded from the Google Play Store. As with the iOS version, the Android Zoom app does not allow you to remove your profile picture. You can change it but you cannot delete it. Fortunately, there is still a way to remove the image. This is how to do it:
- Launch the web browser on your phone and go to https://zoom.us/. Log in to your Zoom account.
- Scroll all the way to the bottom of the home screen and find a menu called the support. Click on the account option listed under this menu.
- On the page that opens, find a file Definition of an account bar and tap the down arrow next to it. From the menu that appears, choose Profile personly.
- select file delete The option presented below the thumbnail of your current profile picture.
Your profile picture is now deleted from your account. Your version of Zoom and your Zoom app will now display an empty placeholder instead of your profile picture.
How to remove zoom profile picture on PC
Removing a profile picture on Zoom from your computer is much more straightforward. Here’s how to do it:
- Launch your web browser and head to https://zoom.us/. Log in to your Zoom account.
- On the main screen that opens, scroll to the bottom of the page. Here you will see different menus on a dark banner. under the support The list you will find the account. Click on it.
- The Definition of an account The page will open. At the top left of the page you will find a list of options. Click Profile personly.
- On the Profile personly page, you will see a thumbnail of your profile picture. Under the image, you have two options. Click on the label delete.
- A confirmation popup will appear asking if you want to delete your profile picture. Confirm your choice by clicking yes.
Your profile picture will now be displayed as a blank picture.
Additional questions and answers
Why does my profile picture still appear even though I deleted it?
If you are logged into Zoom with your Google account, you may encounter this problem. This is because Zoom automatically sets one of your photos saved from your Google account as a profile picture. There are several ways to overcome this.
Your Google account profile picture is also linked to Zoom. Making your Google profile picture blank will also make your Zoom profile picture blank. This may cause Zoom to select another photo from your Google account. In this case, you can delete all your photos from your Google account.
While these two options work, not everyone wants to delete their Google account pictures and profile pictures. We suggest using the third option, which involves saving a blank image as the profile picture on your Zoom account. This is how to do it:
1. Find a public profile picture on Google. It can even be a plain white JPEG. Save it to your device.
2. Next, in your web browser, head over to zoom.us/profile and log in to your Zoom account. Your profile page will then open.
3. Below your current profile picture, select the option they change.
4. Select the public profile picture saved from your device storage.
5. When the image is loaded, select Memorizes.
Your Zoom profile picture will now be set as a public picture until you choose to change it again. This method works with all devices. It’s important to keep in mind that Zoom only allows you to upload images that are less than 2MB in size, and they must be in a JPEG, PNG or GIF format.
Profile picture removed
Removing your profile picture on Zoom is relatively easy once you know the steps to follow. The simple instructions in this guide will enable you to remove your photo without any hassle. Now you can start chatting with colleagues or clients without having a non-professional profile picture in the way.
Have you removed your Zoom profile picture on any of these devices before? Did you use a method similar to the one in this guide, or did you do it differently? Let us know in the comments section below.