LinkedIn offers many features that can aid your job search efforts. Besides making connections and applying for jobs directly, you can also announce that you are actively looking for a job using the Open for Business feature.
When you’re open to working on LinkedIn, a banner on your profile picture will let recruiters know they can contact you freely. But what if you are no longer looking for a new job, or want to keep your search private? Remove Open to Work from your LinkedIn profile by following the instructions below.
How to remove Open to Work
If you find the right job, it is best to remove Open to Work from your profile so as not to mislead recruiters who are still looking for candidates. You can edit your ‘Open To’ status on both the website and mobile app.
How to remove LinkedIn Open to Work on a PC
To remove your Open for Business status from your LinkedIn profile on your computer, follow these steps.
- to open LinkedIn And make sure you’re logged in.
- Access your profile by clicking your icon on the left side of the screen. You can also click on your profile icon in the top menu.
- Select “View Profile”.
Your ‘Open To’ status is displayed in a box just below the main information on your profile. If the feature is enabled, you will see your favorite roles listed there. To remove or change your status, follow the steps below.
- Click the pencil button in the corner of the “Open to Action” information box. A popup will open.
- Find the “Delete from profile” option at the bottom of the window.
- Press “Delete” on the popup, and the “Open for Business” status will be removed from your profile.
If you are still looking for a suitable business opportunity but do not want to advertise it to the world, you can hide your status from other users. This way, recruiters will only see that you are looking for work.
- go to the LinkedIn And open your profile by clicking your icon in the main feed.
- Look for the “Open for Business” box at the top of your profile.
- Click the pencil icon in the corner of the box to adjust your preferences.
- Click the down arrow next to “All LinkedIn members.”
- Select “Recruits Only”.
- Click “Save” to save changes.
How to remove Open to Work in LinkedIn Mobile
You can also change or remove your “Open for Business” status using the LinkedIn mobile app. Here’s how to remove status from your iOS and Android profile.
- Play file iOS or Android LinkedIn app.
- Click on your profile picture in your main feed.
- Select “View Profile” under your name.
- You will see an “Open for Business” box at the top of your profile. Click on the pencil icon.
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen to find “Delete from profile”.
- Press “Delete” again in the pop-up window.
If you want to stay open to new positions without letting other LinkedIn members know about it, change your preferences in the following way.
- Go to the unlock settings to work in the above steps.
- Click “All LinkedIn Members”.
- Change it to “Recruits only”.
- Save Changes.
How to remove open for business as LinkedIn profile picture
The #OpenToWork icon tagline is a direct reference to all recruits browsing profiles. It can be very obvious if you want to keep your job search secret. You can remove the logo from your icon by deleting Open to Work from your profile or just change it to Recruiters using the instructions above. You can set this setting directly on your profile picture. Follow the following steps.
- Click the “Plus” icon on your profile.
- Click on View or Edit Profile Picture.
- Look for the “windows” option at the bottom of the popup.
- Select the blank option to remove any banner from your icon.
- Click the Apply button.
- A popup will ask you if you want to remove Open to Work from your profile or make it visible only to recruits. Choose any of these options, both options will remove the logo.
Who can see my ‘Open for Business’ status?
LinkedIn’s Open to Work feature makes it easy for recruiters to find interested candidates. However, your status is visible to all LinkedIn members by default. Changing the visibility of recruiters only using the above guidelines will ensure that your job search status remains yours.
Even when you only share your status with recruiters, LinkedIn strives to hide it from recruiters associated with your current company. Make sure to mark your workplace as “I currently work here” on your profile to take advantage of this feature.
Why did my open-to-work status disappear?
Your “Open for Business” status may disappear from your profile if you stop replying to InMail from employers. You will receive an email from LinkedIn asking you to confirm that you are still open. If you missed this email, LinkedIn may have removed the status from your profile, but you can turn it back on at any time.
Keep your job search private
Your boss doesn’t need to know that you’re looking for a new job. Delete the “Open for Business” status from your profile or hide it from LinkedIn members. Make sure the logo on your photo doesn’t give your job search efforts away.
Have you had any luck with LinkedIn’s Open to Work feature? Or would you rather keep your status private? Let us know in the comments section below.