Most people use Discord to communicate with each other while playing their favorite video games. When you add music to your Discord voice chats, you make the entire experience more immersive and entertaining. But how, exactly, can you play songs while chatting with friends on Discord?
In this article, we will introduce you to two simple ways to play tunes while using Discord.
How to play music in discord
There are only two ways to play music in Discord.
- Use a bot and link your account to Spotify.
- Play music with a microphone.
How to add a music bot to discord
A music bot is generally added to Discord as follows:
- Create a server in your Discord with the “+” symbol.
- The name of the server and your region.
- Go to the bot website and click “calling” or “Add” button.
- Log in to your Discord account.
- Select a server for your music bot, pass the verification, and that’s it.
How to play music in a Discord call
To include music in your Discord calls, You can set up a bot called FredBoat. Here’s how it works:
- go to FredBoat bot websitehit “call to server” button.
- Select a server, press “Authorization” , and check out “I’m not a robot” Box.
- Join an audio channel and tell FredBoat the song you want the bot to play with “;;game [URL]” Command. For example, you can write, Play https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBI1A7l_gas.
Unlike searching for a specific URL, you can also search for a song name by typing “Play the name of the song.” To stop the music, simply type “;;Stop.” Another thing we love about FredBoat is that you can use commands to allow others on your channel to vote to skip the song that’s currently playing. You can find the full list of commands on File Freeboat website.
How to play music in Discord through a microphone
Play music in Discord through a microphone that works the same as a call. You can also use the commands of your bots. But first, you will need to change some microphone settings on your computer:
- Go to your……. “control Board.”
- Go to Hardware and sound followed by “Manage Audio Devices.”
- arrive to “Sign Up” and options.
- Maybe Stereo Mix and set it to Default microphone.
you can now Join a voice chat and start playing music with FredBoat.
How to play music in Discord on Android
If you are using an Android device, you can select the Discord bot from a file discordbots.org website. Once you get there, here’s what you need to do next:
- Multiply “a musician” tab to see the list of available music bots. Some of the more popular options are Sinon, MedalBot, and Astolfo.
- press “Opinion” To learn more about a specific bot, then click “calling” button on the bot you wish to add.
- Log in to your Discord account. This will redirect you to the bot’s website, where you will need to select a server where you want to play music.
- handle “Authorization” and the “I’m not a robot” box , which installs the bot on your Discord server.
- Open Discord and go to File “List.”
- From the list of servers, choose the server to which you added the bot.
- Join an audio channel and enter the command that tells the bot to play music. You can find the commands on the robot’s website.
How to Play Music in Discord on iPhone
The MEE6 bot is an excellent choice To play music in Discord on your iPhone. To set it up, follow these steps:
- go to MEE6 موقع site Log in to your Discord account
- Authorize the robot to access your account.
- Choose the server you want to add the bot to.
- handle “plugins” and press “a musician.” If this function was previously disabled, tap “Add.”
- Launch Discord and join an audio channel.
- He writes “!research” Enter the song or artist. The bot will list the results.
- Enter the song number and add it to your playlist.
- He writes “!game” To start listening to music.
How to play music in discord without a bot
The only way to play music in Discord without a bot is to connect it to Spotify:
- Launch Discord and go to a file User Settings.
- Choose “links” And locate the Spotify icon under File “Link your accounts” tab.
- Click the icon, and you will be redirected to the Spotify login page.
- Once the process is finished, the notification should say, “Link your Spotify account to Discord.”
- Head over to Discord and scroll down to check the connection.
You can now start listening to your favorite songs and artists on Discord.
As you can see, setting up music on Discord takes just a few clicks. Connect your Spotify account or see which bot works best, and all of your songs will be in your Discord sessions in no time.
Additional FAQ about Discord Music
Here are answers to some frequently asked questions about Discord music.
Can I play Pandora on Discord?
Unfortunately, Discord does not support Pandora. At the time of writing, there is no Discord bot to make this work either.
But, all hope is not lost. With millions of Pandora users, it’s very annoying to be left with only Spotify compatibility. Sometimes the only option is to send a feature request to Discord. Could you Send your feedback to Discord and submit feature requests. More specifically, there are already quite a few Pandora related requests here.
visit this page And vote on existing Pandora requests.
Are there any bots that can play music on a private or group call?
Unfortunately no. Many users have requested this option, but there are no bots available to play music in a group or on private calls. The only solution to this problem is to create a private server and invite members(s) to that server to play music using the above instructions.
What happened to Groovy and Rythm?
Groovy and Rythm are both popular bots that allow users to listen to music on their servers. Unfortunately, as of May 2022, both robots are no longer functional. You can still add them to your servers, but the music functionality is disabled.
At this time, there is no word on whether Groovy will return. But, Rythm has updated its site to let fans know that the developers are working on bringing the beloved bot back.
In the meantime, you can add them to your servers and continue checking for functionality periodically.