Choosing the right templates in Notion can make you more productive. Whether you’re working on a group project, scheduling appointments, or keeping track of your finances, perfect planning can help you organize your tasks faster. Notion offers plenty of pre-made templates, but what if none of them are quite right for you? Fortunately, Notion allows you to create custom templates.
In light of this, we will give you a step-by-step guide on how to create new templates on different platforms.
How to create a new template in Notion on a Windows PC, Mac, or Chromebook
Adding your own templates on your computer is very easy. The starting point in creating the form is to add the template button to your page. Once it is listed, you will be able to design your template according to your preferences. To create a template button and populate it with your own content, here’s what you need to do:
- Add the button by pressing + The icon in the left margin. Scroll down to Template button Selection. Instead, type /Mold and hit Enters.
- Rename your button with File button name Section.
- Start checking out the items you want to add to your template. You can include text, check boxes, bullet points, titles, or anything else you want. You can also add subpages to your templates and repeat content when the template button is pressed.
- Once you have finished creating, press Close in the upper-right corner of the window. This will complete your configuration, and you can now press the template button to access the content you’ve created.
A good example of using your own template button to make content creation easier is adding items to your to-do lists. For example, you can configure your template button to include additional checkboxes in your menu.
So, instead of creating checkboxes manually, you can click on the template button and a checkbox will appear. You can even adjust the position of your new checkboxes. For example, if you place the Template button at the top of your list, a new checkbox will appear below. On the other hand, placing the template button as the final item in your list will create a checkbox above it.
How to Create a New Template in Notion on iPhone or Android
Unfortunately, you cannot create new templates if you are using Notion on a mobile device. This means that you are limited to the built-in templates for your pages.
However, there is still a large selection of templates that you can use that can meet many requirements. For example, the Android version of the Notion app contains the following templates and many others:
- meeting notes
- reading list
- Function applications
- class notes
- Lesson plans
- To-do lists
- reading list
- travel planner
- Habit tracker
How do you edit the content on your template button?
Editing the content performed by the template button is also simple on computers. In fact, it’s almost identical to the template button creation process. This is what you have to do:
- Hover over the form button and click on the gear icon to your right.
- This will open the configuration options. Make any changes you want, such as adding new items or deleting old ones.
- After making the final edit, press Close The button will automatically save your changes.
What other actions can you perform with your template button?
Depending on the nature of your future business, you may need to use data from your template button on another page. Also, if you feel that you no longer need the template button, it is useful to know how to delete it. In general, you can access many template button functions in the following way:
- Hover over the form button and click on the gear icon to your right. You can also right-click on the button to display the list of functions.
- Click on Suspension Option to leave comments on your template button.
- Click on Copy the link Option to copy anchor links on your button and enable you to paste them elsewhere.
- Click on copy An option to create a button that will have the same functionality as the button you are working on.
- Click on Transfer to Option to move the button to a different page.
- Click on delete Option to remove template button. Think carefully before deleting the button because you will have to create one from scratch to use it again.
How do you create nested content templates?
Nested content refers to the type of content that is embedded in another element, such as text, an image, or a to-do list. You can create a template button with nested content this way:
- Design the content you want to repeat.
- Drag content to a toggle menu or page.
- Create your own template button and put the toggle menu or page in a file Mold Part of the configuration section.
- Click on Close button and move the template button to any area of the page.
Can you create weekly agendas using idea templates?
Since planning your week is an integral part of your personal and work life, coming up with a proper weekly schedule is crucial. Fortunately, Notion has the right tool to help you design the perfect plan. Again, you can do this by customizing your templates. Here’s what you can do to create a weekly agenda with Notion:
- Generate a blank page.
- Create your template by pressing + icon and choose Mold Selection.
- enter the start a new day advantage to a domain called button name.
- Enter another page in your template field by accessing the options it represents + Code.
- On your new page, add a file today’s date) option instead of without an address. Since this is a form page and not an actual page, anything you insert on it will be repeated when you hit the template button.
- Add the elements you want to the page, depending on what your days need to include. For example, you can choose to view your calendar, notes, and daily tasks.
- back to Weekly Agenda page.
- Finally, you can press start a new day Every morning. This will create a form that you can fill out with your daily tasks and other items.
Your options are endless
Now that you know how to create new templates in Notion, there’s no need to stick with pre-made templates. Adding a template button enables you to modify your workspace in several ways. As a result, you can design your templates in a way that ensures your productivity and efficiency on a business and personal level. As you get better at creating templates, you’ll start discovering new ways to keep all of your commitments properly organized and under control.
Have you tried your hand at creating new templates in Notion? Did you use it to create custom to-do lists, weekly planners, or something else? How did custom templates help you tackle your daily tasks? Let us know in the comments section below.
Leave a Reply