Snapchat allows users to share special moments with friends and family and build stronger relationships. But it can also help you keep track of your loved one’s birthdays. If you are wondering how you can use Snapchat to find users’ birthday information, you have come to the right place.
This article is about how to access birthdays data on Snapchat on multiple devices. We’ll also discuss how to send a birthday snapshot to show appreciation and concern.
How to Find Birthdays in SnapChat on Android
If you keep all your social media apps on your Android smartphone, you can extend the functionality of Snapchat and see if someone’s birthday is coming up. Since the platform strives to be easy to use, the process is relatively simple. Here’s what you need to do:
- Launch the Snapchat app from the home screen.
- Click on the “Chat” option in the navigation bar at the bottom end of the interface.
- Select a friend from the chat history.
- Click on the little icon in the form of a rocket.
- Click on “Minis” and select “Birthdays” from the list of options.
Snapchat will generate a list of upcoming birthdays. The app arranges dates chronologically, which means you’ll see birthdays sooner first. This is a useful feature for people who struggle to remember dates and inadvertently forget important events.
Another way to access the birthday feature is through the camera page. Follow these steps to do so:
- Open the app and scroll to the bottom of the interface.
- Select “All thumbnails” and select “Birthdays”.
- Or after the app takes you to a new page, click on “My Minis” and hit “Birthdays”.
This action creates a shortcut that automatically pulls up your contacts’ birthday information, allowing you to remember dates without difficulty.
If you open the birthday page on a friend’s birthday, the app will prompt you to send a moment to congratulate them. When you tap on the “Send a Birthday Snap” option, the Snapchat camera will open. Snapchat adds a birthday sticker to the photo and decorates it with effects like AR balloons or birthday hats. You can tell your friend that you are thinking of him by sending one sweet picture. Or alternatively, record a touching video message.
How to Find Birthdays in SnapChat on iPhone
Snapchat works well on iPhones and helps millions of users connect with their loved ones. One of its most impressive features is the birthday page, which allows you to view upcoming birthdays and reminds you to appreciate the people in your life online. To get to the page, follow these instructions:
- Launch the mobile application from the home screen.
- Go to the bottom of the interface and select “Chat” from the navigation bar.
- Tap on a friend’s username from the chat history.
- Click on the icon shaped like a rocket.
- Click on “Minis” and select “Birthdays”.
The application will scan your contacts and compile a list of upcoming birthdays. The best results feature birthdays approaching quickly, while the rest are reserved for dates in the following months.
Users can also create a Christmas page shortcut for quick access. Here’s what you need to do:
- Open the phone app and scroll to the bottom of the screen.
- Choose “Games and Minis” and select “Birthdays”.
- Snapchat will create a new page. Click on “My Minis” and click on “Birthdays”.
The app does more than just store personal information. When you visit the Page on a friend’s birthday, Snapchat will alert you and ask you to send them a sweet, supportive snap. Choosing the “Send a birthday shot” option opens the camera, and the photo is decorated with festive stickers, such as hats and balloons. If you want to send a more personal message, you can record a video and add a touch of brightness to your friend’s special day.
How to Find Birthdays in SnapChat on iPad
Although Snapchat was not designed for the iPad, users bypass these restrictions by modifying the Apple Store settings. If you prefer to use an iPad, you can access many exciting features, including the platform’s Christmas page. The following steps will help you access your contacts’ birthday information:
- Open the app and scroll to the bottom of the screen.
- Choose the “Chat” option from the navigation menu.
- Click on a friend’s username in your chat threads.
- Click on the icon shaped like a rocket.
- Tap on “Minis” and tap on “Birthdays”.
The highest scores will be displayed for upcoming birthdays. As you scroll down the list, you’ll see the birthdays that are coming up in the next few weeks.
Users who are not sure they can remember all this information can create a shortcut to take them directly to the birthday page. Let’s do this:
- Launch the app and scroll to the bottom of the interface.
- Tap on “Games and Minis” and tap on “Birthdays.”
- Or after the platform redirects you to a new page, scroll down and select “Birthdays”.
The feature also allows you to take part in a virtual celebration and send cheerful birthday snapshots to your friends. If it’s a friend’s birthday, open your Snapchat camera and take a picture filled with animation, like balloons or hat stickers. Record a video message and decorate its edges with funny stickers to let your friend know that you care.
Additional questions and answers
Why can’t I see my contacts’ birthday data?
If the Birthday Page can’t generate data for some of your Snapchat contacts, they haven’t given the app permission to use that information. The same applies to your account. Unless you allow the platform to display the information, your contacts will not be able to find your date of birth. In addition, the birthday feature only displays the user’s date of birth, but not their age or year of birth.
Never forget a birthday again
Finding a friend’s birthday on Snapchat shouldn’t be difficult. We share much of our lives online, so maintaining and nurturing virtual relationships is becoming increasingly important. Fortunately, Snapchat has an easy-to-use interface, and most users will have no problem using the app to search for their contacts’ birthday information.
Have you used a Snapchat birthday page before? If so, on what device? Let us know in the comments section below.